January 25, 2011

Our Little Sweet Potato. . . And Electric Shaver

When I was pregnant with Cale my friend Ashley sent me the link to a cute site that compares the weekly size of your developing baby to a piece of fruit. I googled that site to see what I am carrying this week, but I also stumbled upon a hilarious weekly size chart for men. The guy who made this list was tired of his baby being compared to fruit, so created a list for Dads.

This week our little boy is about the size of a sweet potato . . .


A sweet potato sounds pleasant, but certainly did not look pleasant in the picture on the website (below).
So I put up a different picture of a sweet potato, a cuter sweet potato, if you will.

AND. . .the size of a small electric razor. . .


Here are the links to the full Fruit List and Manly-Things List - you should check them out as they're both pretty clever!

A sweet potato (and razor) is an awesome size to be as this means the baby is big enough to start feeling. We sat there last night and could feel our little guy moving around. It's too early to know if he's kicking or stretching or just rolling around, but whatever he was doing brought such a smile to our faces. It was as if he was saying, "hey guys, I'm here and doing just fine. . .see, I'm even getting bigger!" I love those little movements. I loved them with Cale and even recorded some of them and will do the same with his brother. And hopefully one day we can show him and tell him that he may have only been the size of a sweet potato, but already had such a big impact on our lives.

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Thanks for sharing the links!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! James and I got a good laugh over the Manly version of the growth chart, ha. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful, just what a blog it is! This blog has provided the helpful data to us continue the good work.best remington electric shavers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an interesting contrast, will definitely have a look at both sites. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete