May 19, 2011

Turn Baby, Turn!

Well this silly baby is breech. He was head-down all last week, but decided to go head-up this week. He does still have time to move (I'm just a day shy of 34 weeks), and we have options, so it's nothing worth stressing over now. But oh, I do hope he turns! Of course in the meantime I decided to go to the expert on breech babies to get some reassurance and answers. The expert you ask? Why Google of course! And here are a few conclusions I've come to:

* I've got a few weeks left, so we'll see what happens. Lots of babies flip at the last minute.
* I'll try headphones to the lower part of the belly, and I'll try swimming, but there are "home remedies" for flipping a breech baby that I'll surely skip.
* I don't want a C-Section, but it wouldn't be the worst thing like lots of people/websites portray.

I'd like to elaborate on that last one. Because there are so many forums and groups where people talk about how much they dread C-sections or how upset they are they they might have to have one.  I don't want one either. I didn't have one with Cale, I'd like to not have one this time around as well. I don't want to face the longer recovery and I don't want to not be able to hold my baby the second he is born. But you know what? A C-Section is not the end of the world. It's not the worst case scenario in a pregnancy. That, unfortunately, already happened to us. So at the end of the day, breech or not breech, C-Section or not, I just want a healthy, screaming baby in my arms and I'll take him any way I can get him.



5 comments:

  1. Oh man that photo just made me smile and made my night! It made me giggle and stop thinking about things! :)
    I will be praying that this lil man choose not to be stubborn anymore and do some swimming himself and get that head down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Turn, Finn!!! Hopefully he will be performing more acrobatics in the coming weeks! Cute pic, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tee he he he he! My Maddux is the same way - heads up and heads down every other week. Let me know what works for you Caroline, as I may need to try all your tricks shortly!

    Sending lots of love your way - I can't wait to meet little Finn!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD ATTITUDE Caroline! Keep up the positive thoughts! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure you've found it already but just in case you haven't, I found spinningbabies.com to be very informative (if a little scattered in its presentation).

    ReplyDelete