November 21, 2012

My Thankful List

I've seen a lot of the "30 days of thanks" posts on Facebook - where you share something you are thankful for each day this month. I never participate in those things, but was thinking last night that I could probably come up with a list of 30 things fairly quickly. And since I wasn't quite tired enough, I laid in bed and jotted down a list on my phone.

So, in no particular order, and with no level of importance assigned to many of these, here is my list of 30 things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving. And yes, I'm sure there are many, many more things I could have added (and many more that are much more meaningful), but at 11pm last night, this is what popped into my head. I was going to elaborate on them, but I'll just let the list speak for itself.

1.  Miles
2. My children
3. My family
4. Roscoe
5. FaceTime
6. Pinterest
7. Leggings 
8. My home
9. Flowers
10. The baby loss community
11. My moms' rice crispy treats
12. Aaron Rodgers
13. Red vines
14. Epidurals
15. My friends
16.  Space Travel 
17. Cameras
18. My and my family's health
19. The Ryan Gosling 'Hey Girl' series
20. Comedy
21. Exercise
22. Veterans
23. Waste Management employees 
24. Target
25. Maturity with age
26. Tortillas
27. My education
28. America
29. My Honda Pilot
30. Books


I'm also thankful I get to stay home and make cute burlap banners and decorate our house. 
So I guess I should add Miles' paycheck to that list.

31. Miles' paycheck

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
................................................................................................

10 comments:

  1. Staying home does certainly help with getting to make cute things, doesn't it?!

    Love your beautiful mantle!!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so ridiculously talented...and hilarious. Love your list. Love it for all the right reasons but also really appreciate that it included waste management employees. They should probably have their own day, when you think about it. Why is there secretary's day and no waste management day? We might need to start a petition. You're mantle looks fabulous, by the way. Can't wait to see you in a few short weeks? My plan is to have Finn able to say "I love Aunt Kate" by the end of the visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thankful for you, your wisdom and all you have taught me!!
    Blessings!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Ryan Gosling Hey Girl series?! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Ryan Gosling Hey Girl series?! You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This list made me nod my head and laugh! As a member of the baby loss community I can say I am thankful for you too <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. DUDE! I was laughting at the Ryan gosling Hey Girl series because THOSE CRACK me up. I love them every time I see one. your mantle is beautiful! Your list is lovely and I am grateful for many of those things myself. I am also very grateful for you my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your list, too! and that banner:) So thankful for you, Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wonderful family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still need to make my banner! If I had a mantle in this house I would have done it ASAP!

    Carson would like #23! That boy and his garbage trucks!

    ReplyDelete