July 25, 2013

News (and Videos) That Made Me Smile

There are SO many depressing things in the news these day. I suppose "these days" is a silly add on to that sentence because I'm sure at any point in time there will always be depressing stories in the news. But there are some pretty wonderful ones too and I wanted to share some of the ones that made me smile this week:

Bush 41 Shaves Head in Support of 2-Year-Old Cancer Patient
Though the gesture is so touching and the picture is so sweet, I was saddened to learn while reading this that George and his wife Barbara had lost a 4 year old daughter to leukemia almost 60 years ago. I'm also sad that I never knew that.

Good People Doing Good Things
Just one of those cute compilations of do-gooders caught on video

Best Moment of My Life Picture
This is a bit older so you may have already seen it, but a sports journalist asked people to share a picture of the best moment in their life. Some pretty cute pictures (and stories) were shared.

Homeless Man Turns in Missing Wallet
That has almost $500 in it!

And lastly, this video that Miles showed me yesterday. Why doesn't everyone own a dog!?

Dog Reacting to Dad coming home after 6 months
The best part is that there are dozens of other videos just like this.


................................................................................................

4 comments:

  1. Thank you Caroline! I love this blog post. I so needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea about the Bush's daughter. How heartbreaking. And inspiring that he did that.

    Love all of these, definitely made my eyes water a bit! Samson came running when I played the dog video, then ran around the house barking, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this post-it was such a heart warmer.

    ReplyDelete