May 14, 2017

Mother's Day {2017}

Several months ago Finn had a scary dream and came into our room frightened and snuggled up next to me for the rest of the night. Now, he will wake up claiming to have a bad dream so he can scoot into our bed. He's totally making up his bad dreams because he knows I am a sucker and I'm totally ok indulging him because one day far too soon he won't want or need my comfort. 

Mary woke up super early this morning and Miles went in her room to get her to go back to sleep, but he said she refused and said she wanted Mommy and wanted to go downstairs. So he brought her to bed and the four of us crammed into our queen sized bed for a few more hours of rest. We've never been a co-sleeping bunch. Nothing against it, just that it's not our thing. The kids typically sleep well in their own beds, and Miles and I certainly get better sleep without little feet and arms poking us all night. But waking up (at nearly 9am I might add!) on Mother's Day with these little babes hogging my space and stealing my pillow was the best way I could have asked to start my day. 

I'm so glad Miles snapped this picture. It's by no means flattering, but I treasure it all the same.


Mother's Day is so complicated and heavy for so many people, myself included. Hope it was at least gentle for those who needed it to be. 


................................................................................................

3 comments:

  1. You guys are the cutest. happy mother's day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are not generally cosleepers either, but it sure is nice to savor it sometimes! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Catching up on my reading--this is just the sweetest thing ever!

    ReplyDelete