February 5, 2011

My Birthday Wish



February 5, 2010
Today is my birthday and it's weird to think that it's my last one without kids. You've started moving around a little more - just some neat little flutter kicks here and there, but it's sure neat when you are moving!

This is from the journal I wrote to Cale throughout my pregnancy. It's a little sad to re-read these journals, but it also comforts me to remember how I was feeling with him and what was going on at the time. And when I re-read this one in particular, I didn't get too sad because I wasn't necessarily wrong about what I said. It's just that one of my "kids" is in Heaven. The other in my belly.

They say you aren't supposed to tell people your birthday wish, or else it won't come true. Or maybe that's just if you are blowing out candles and making a wish. Who knows. But my wish isn't just one for today. It's a wish for many days and years to come. I wish that I will continue to find joy and happiness in this world and that Cale's death life helps bring out that joy and happiness in not just my life, but the lives of all the people he has touched.

Today, on my 27th birthday, that wish came true.

2 comments:

  1. 27? Are you sure? You might want to check with your mother on that. :)

    I'm glad that your wish came true and hope it renews daily. xo

    ReplyDelete