April 17, 2012

Avery

I have lots to share. We've had a whirlwind couple of weeks. First we flew to Colorado to visit my wonderful sister over Easter. Then back to Georgia for less than 48 hours and then we were back in the air headed to California to visit Miles' older brother and his family which includes my new(ish), sweet little nephew Maddox. That flight had a connection on both legs, so really over the last two weeks we have been on six different flights. And we aren't even done! We got back super early this morning and have a little bit of time at home before we head to New York for a few days. Yeesh. Traveling with a baby sure does change things. We've become great at security and navigating quickly through the airport, but flying is stressful when you are trying desperately not to be those people with the screaming kid. Needless to say we were on several occasions where one minute of fussiness felt like ten. But overall, Finn did great and has done a really good job adjusting to different time changes so I really can't complain too much. In fact, I really can't complain at all.

But. . . before I download and sort through all the pictures and share more about our trips, I wanted to share something that pulled at my heartstrings recently. I stumbled upon this blog and just had to share. This is the story of 5 month old Avery Canahuati who has been diagnosed with a rare genetic disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA) that will ultimately end her life, most likely withing the next 18 months. Her parents are working on her Bucket List, striving to let their little girl experience so much of life and record it in the process, all the while educating us on SMA.

It's a beautiful portrayal of life and love and while it's heartbreaking to know how this will ultimately end for little Avery, I think it's wonderful that her life and her story are being shared with so many. So please take the time to read about SMA and about Avery and send some love to her parents too.

6 comments:

  1. Wow - that's a lot of travel for a little guy :) Thank you so much for posting about Avery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tears :(

    Stay safe, you jet-setters, you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So heartbreaking. :( Another reminder of how unfair life is but also at it's beauty. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow so much travel! I went to avery's blog. What an amazing family she has. I learned a lot too

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been reading Avery's blog- heartbreaking but beautiful at the same time ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sad to hear Avery recently passed.

    ReplyDelete