April 29, 2016

Poor, Neglected Blog

I used to be good about posting blogs a couple times a week, now I try to post about every week, but lately even that has been hard! And not that it's hard, but just when life is busy at the end of a long day, I usually don't want to take the time to upload photos and clear my phone (even though it needs it on a regular basis), and actually sit and write out a blog. None-the-less, I do still want to document what's going on in our lives which is why I started this blog in the first place. I definitely see the shift in my posts too - those first couple years were heavy on the grief posting and the blog was very therapeutic for me, but of late the posts have been much more documenting and journaling oriented which is important to me to maintain since the blog is my virtual scrapbook since actual scrapbooking has completely fallen to the wayside. 

At any rate life has been busy of late. Miles had a long course and a couple of trips (I'll share about his recent one soon),  so has been gone the majority of the last five weeks, we had a visit from a baby loss friend and her kiddos, and we all got hit with some form of sickness - Mary getting the worst of it and she just now, after a week (!!) is starting to feel better. 

While my friend Becky was visiting all the way from Alaska we took a trip to the beach for her last full day here. It was a really nice outing and I wish we would have squeezed in an earlier beach trip as well. The water is still cold, but the kids had fun in the tide pools and digging in the sand. 

Miles stayed home with Mary since she was still fighting a fever while Becky, her kids, Finn and I all went to the beach for a few hours. I'm so glad that beach season is upon us and I think it's safe to say Finn is too.






...............................................................................................

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on the neglect...it just happens when it happens. It is interesting to see the evolution of the blog and the role it plays in each season.

    Hooray for beach season while you can still enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete