February 14, 2017

Valentine's Day 2017

I failed to take any Valentine's Day pictures last year and that's gonna annoy the crap out of me. I'll need to look back on my hard drive as I know I have some pictures of Finn from his Valentine's Day program at school, but I didn't take any staged pictures like I did all these years:

2012: Finn at 7 months
2013: Finn at 19 months
2014: Finn at 2.5, Mary Newborn
2015: Finn at 3.5, Mary at 1

In my defense last year on Valentine's day I ran a marathon which left me pitifully upset and disappointed, but I should have taken pictures prior to the race because it's not like I can make up for it. Argh!

Mary is sporting a hand-me-down sweater, or jumper as it's called here in England, from when I was a little girl (or perhaps it was my sister's, or maybe both?) regardless I think it's safe to assume Mary wore it best:


And then I wanted to do another train-track like Valentine's picture and since the obsession now is with Legos, it only made sense to make a bit Lego heart.

I had a silly thought that I should try to get him to play with Legos while taking some pictures, 
but duh, of course he is going to play with them - took him no time at all!


Aren't those smiles so sweet and natural? 
All I had to do was make fart noises. Living the dream.

................................................................................................

3 comments:

  1. I love your hand me downs!! And the Lego heart is adorable. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're the sweetest! And I think a marathon is a pretty decent excuse...
    Have no fear, the potty humor only grows exponentially 🙄

    ReplyDelete