June 9, 2012

June is so gigantic

It's after midnight and tomorrow (today) we will celebrate my baby's FIRST birthday. While his actual birthday is still a few days away, it's still hard for me to comprehend that Finley is about to be one. What a heck of a year it's been.

My sister once played this song for me by Jolie Holland and said it makes her think of me. I find the first verse so fitting:

June is so gigantic
I have been walking out
Falling further every time
I'm lost and found

I kind of feel like this is my month. I definitely have felt both lost and found during the month of June. Everything beautiful in my life has happened in June. Miles and I got married and both Cale and Finley were born. What a special month. It's fitting that my favorite stone, mother of pearl, just happens to be June's birthstone.

I love this month. But it's a tough one too. I am so happy that my boy is about to turn one and so sad that my other boy isn't turning two.

But off to bed I should go. Because we have a very important celebration tomorrow and for that, I am so very thankful.

 

4 comments:

  1. Yes you do have alot going on, not failing to mention moving!
    I cannot believe Finn will be 1 in just a few short days...I remember meeting him when he was just so little! I think I might always remember him that way until I physically see him again! Wish I could celebrate his first bday with y'all!
    Have fun tomorrow mama!! I'm sure Cale will be eating a whole cake for his lil bro while Finn only gets a piece! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your boys <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy anniversary! Happy birthday, Finn!! And Happy birthstone, Cale.
    I can't wait to see pics from Finn's big celebration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...June is huge for your family. I too am so glad your son is turning one and so sad that his older brother isn't turning two. So many emotions this month. Sending much love!

    ReplyDelete