August 10, 2015

Micro(ish)blog Monday: Mozarts in the Making

So we are proud owners of a new (to us) piano! Correction, we are proud owners of a FREE new to us piano! A sweet neighbor posted in our neighborhood Facebook page that she wanted to give her piano away to anyone interested (and that was willing to come get it). I couldn't resist and was excited (and surprised) when Miles was on board!

Miles and a couple friends picked it up tonight and put it in a temporary spot in the office. The kids are fascinated. I want them to grow up with some involvement with music; Miles and I both took piano lessons as kids and I wish I stuck with it longer (or at least retained more). 



I really, really want to paint this bad boy. It would be a total pain, but I think really awesome. Something like this:

Source
Or this:

Source


Or maybe even this:

Source

Thank God for Pinterest! And generous neighbors!
................................................................................................

5 comments:

  1. I love that you have a neighborhood Facebook page! That's so cool. The new piano looks fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo I love the gray. I'm trying to wear Peter down on that color for our kitchen cabinets but he ain't havin it. Maybe the next trip he takes ;)

    I hope it's just as novel and wonderful almost a week later, can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I love the gray. I'm trying to wear Peter down on that color for our kitchen cabinets but he ain't havin it. Maybe the next trip he takes ;)

    I hope it's just as novel and wonderful almost a week later, can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be a total pain in the arse, but I would absolutely do it. The key is to take 300 years to do things like me. :/ No, but like force yourself to 10 minutes each day of sanding. You'll eventually be done with the worst part. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yellow piano is pretty crazy. I wish I was crafty. Can't wait to see what you do with it!

    ReplyDelete