May 23, 2016

Our House in iPhone Pictures

So this happened today:


Which is crazy, because we haven't even lived in this house two years, but the market is good right now and we are moving (TO ENGLAND!!) so it makes more sense to list the house for now and if we need to rent it out, we go that route.

But to get the house ready to be put on the market, I had to clean it. A lot. You never realize how messy your house is until you have to get it "realtor ready." Miles is attending a course right now so insert sob story of me having to do all the cleaning and yard work and what have you. In all fairness he cleans way more than I do anyway, so I suppose it's payback. But whatever, it still sucked!

So, since I never did a virtual tour of our home, here is one now since it's only going to be clean for approximately half a day longer.

When you walk in the office is on your right:



And the playroom is on the left:


Then you walk to the family room:

Mary's been sporting airplane slippers all day. 
And Finn is trying to figure out why Game of Thrones is not Ninja Turtles
Then you head into the kitchen:


which is NEVER this clean. Miles has the coffee pot with him
and usually there's at least 14 stacks of papers.

Then when you go back through the family room there's my little gallery wall and the cabinet Miles built across from the stairs:


Used to be carpet. Miles replaced all the carpet on the stairs
and upstairs hallway with hardwood.
Finn's room is first on the left:


Followed by the kids' bath (not pictured) and Mary's room:

I just sold that glider to a friend who is picking it up next week.
Spent many nights rocking my babies in that chair, sort of bittersweet to part with.

Trying to decide when to move her out of the crib. I don't want to,
but it might make sense to do it before we move.

Then our room, which used to be GREEN with a woodland wallpaper boarder. I wish I had done some sort of artwork above the bed. But too late now:



Then the guest room down the hall:


And voila! That pretty much completes the house tour. 


................................................................................................

7 comments:

  1. I want to buy your house and move to Savannah... But Savannah would be even more appealing if you were still living there! The house looks great. You guys have done so much in a short amount of time! I hope it sells fast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented in decorating houses to make them look so beautiful and cozy. I would totally buy any house you had lived in. When do you find time to do all the stuff you are up to these days? I can't decide if you are just a super hard worker or if I am just really lazy or possibly both. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is gorgeous. Hate that I hadn't been able to visit when you are relatively close by. Excited (and jealous) for your move to the UK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy do I understand having to get house show ready by myself. Ugh! House looks great! But really, it always looks great, just with a few extra toys spread everywhere :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your house looks fantastic! More details about England, please! FYI, I put my name in the lottery for London 2017....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a teapot collection! I'd love to hear the story behind that. And definitely an eye for design--I love your rugs. It's all lovely and bittersweet, I'm sure, that you have to say farewell to it so soon. Well done on all painfully hard work, I have no doubt it will pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have a GORGEOUS home! If the market there is anything like the market here, I am sure it will sell so quickly! When is the move date?

    ReplyDelete