August 29, 2011

Welcome Baby Norah!

This past weekend was spent in sunny, hurricane-free Florida. It was a fun weekend that I will blog about later in the week, but I wanted to share some really happy news first.

Yesterday, my good friend Rhiannon gave birth to a beautiful baby girl! Norah Grace Johnson was born at 3:19pm on August 28th weighing in at 6 pounds, 12 ounces. Her big sister Harper is in Heaven with our little Cale. Norah came a bit early as Rhiannon was scheduled to deliver her on the 12th, but what a wonderful surprise she was! I'm just so happy and relieved that she is here - alive, healthy, and absolutely perfect!

  Finn's Girlfriend Miss Norah Grace

With any pregnancy, there is obviously a lot of anticipation and eager excitement. But I am even more anxious for all of my friends who have already been through hell and back and are expecting a baby. I don't even want to think of who I would have become if something had happened to Finley. And I'm so glad I can breathe a sigh of relief now that Norah is here. In fact, she is the third of my friends to deliver a "Rainbow Baby" within just the last two weeks. Next up . . .Maddux Hope! Maddux is the second son of our good friends Greg and Lauren. Their first son John was stillborn three months after Cale. Maddux's daddy is scheduled to return to Iraq soon, so lots of prayers for the safe (and hopefully soon) arrival of Mr. Maddux would be much appreciated. I'm certainly looking forward to sharing his happy news soon!

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness she is perfect! glad you got to see her!
    I think Finn and Sam will have some war as to who's going to be her girlfriend! Just saying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. : ) I am elated to see Miss Norah's sweet face -
    Congratulations Rhiannon and family!

    Maddux keeps trying to come join us, I get the feeling it is only a matter of days now.

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness congrats to Rhiannon and family! I was just thinking earlier today that it was probably getting close and I should send you a message to check in. Praise God for such a beautiful answer to prayer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so sorry i've missed so much on your blog. idk what is going on with my blog feed. isn't norah precious? i'm so glad she is here too, and i know Harper is beaming with joy watching her little family.

    ReplyDelete