March 23, 2012

Peace Out Army!

Well it's official. . .I am out of the Army! This morning I did the last bit of admin that needed to be taken care of and I got my Certificate of Release from Active Duty. It was kind of anti-climatic though. I was telling my sister about and and she said I should have asked, "so where's the marching band?" but no band, no balloons and confetti from the ceiling, not even a fancy certificate like I've seen before. Just a few pieces of paper and a DOD civilian telling me "ok Ma'am, you're all done" as if I just finished getting my oil changed. But that's ok, fanfare or not, I'm pretty excited. I left post and went to pick up Finley from his last day of daycare. The ladies there are much more upset to see him go than the Army is to see me leave.

So here I am. . . officially entering Stay-At-Home-Mommyhood. We are having a little dinner party with some friends tomorrow for my "Retirement Party." Miles said he's going to get me crocs and an apron. He's too kind. I'm certainly looking forward to it though and to this new chapter in our lives.

Peace Out Army. . . it's been real!
 
Don't want to lose this!

Last picture with Mommy in uniform!

15 comments:

  1. Well congratulations! I only hope that you got everything that you wanted out of it while you were in. Best wishes in your civilian life!

    Justin DeVantier

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, happy day!
    That's sweet that the ladies are so attached to Finn...maybe you can take him for an hour or two during the week while you go grocery shopping or to the gym. Or book club! So many options now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Excited that you're gonna be a stay at home mama and Finn doesn't have to go to daycare! Staying home is pretty amazing. You're gonna love it!

    Congratulations and thank you for your service!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your service to our country! I think a marching band would have been appropriate! I will practice my tuba skills so when I see you next I can play you a lil fanfare! :)
    Apron and crocs huh? Nice Miles, nice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear aprons and crocs...it is a good life! Can't wait to share it with you! Congrats from the Hopes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for you! Wish I could be there tomorrow evening. There will definitely be lots of adventures ahead with Finn. Welcome to the world as a regular ole Army wife. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats Caroline! Glad I got to serve with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Caroline - very exciting! Thank you for your service.... now go serve Finn! :-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, congrats! I know how excited Elliot was to end his Air Force career. It was so freeing. And to stay home with Finn is icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YAYAYAYAY! SO happy and excited for you. I am looking forward to all this new adventure will bring, crocs, apron and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! (Also--how do you manage to look cute even in camouflage?)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats! I'm so excited for you that you get to stay at home with Finn. And a little jealous too! HA! Have fun at your retirement party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! Definitely something to celebrate. I loved when I walked out of there with my DD 214!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, we all know you've earned it! Pictures of the crocs and apron would be nice... :-)

    ReplyDelete