May 16, 2012

Nap Time

The boogie man may be upstairs right now torturing my child. At least you'd think that with how much Finn is fighting his nap. Most of the time he goes right to sleep during nap time. But every once in awhile he protests and I usually cave in at some point and go comfort him, put his binkie back in, and slowly back out of the room . . . but I'm trying not to give into his terrorist demands just yet.

 I love nap time though. Sure, it's a chance to get some things done around the house or try to figure out what to do for dinner (anyone have any good chicken recipes I can use tonight??), but I just love a sweet sleeping baby. They are so stinking cute. And I especially love picking him up out of the crib after a nap - he's so happy and sometimes wants to cuddle a bit more before fully waking up. 

Yesterday when he woke up from his morning nap, he just sat up and started talking to himself so I filmed it when I went in to get him:

 

This is a couple months old, but this is my favorite bed-head picture after some serious sleeping:


I'll have to leave it at that though - I'm giving in and am going to go check on him because they crying is only intensifying. I think through the tears he's trying to say "I'm just. so. tired Mom - if only I could lay down and sleep, but no, I must sit here and cry ohhh, life's so hard . . ." 

I swear, he's lucky he's so dang cute.
............
EDITED TO ADD:

This was today. I had to go back and add it. He looks like he has a serious hangover.


13 comments:

  1. That bedhead is the CUTEST! If you're looking for recipes, I've been having a lot of luck with Epicurious lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Caroline... he steals my heart with every video/picture! You’re right... he IS too cute haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL @ "his terrorist demands"! That's hilarious! I think Finn and Masey may have the same plan of attack- HA! His is absolutely adorable with his bed head! And I think we may have the same quote over our cribs! I'll have to post pictures of our nursery soon so you can see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love post-nap baby snuggles so much. Especially since it's turned into attitude with the big kids.

    He is just the sweetest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. how would you resist those big brown eyes!
    he is the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bedhead is amazing! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha...if they weren't so fabulous we might have to sell them to the gypsies. :) That hair is AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lmao!! I loooooooove nap hair!! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I second SG on the Epicurious comment. Oh my word. Look at that stud and his hilarious hair. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just digging that last shot.

    "Don't mess with me."

    Haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, love him so much.

    And I laughed at the boogie man comment, I think he's after Gracie too! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Omg! I got a good laugh out of that last picture!!!

    ReplyDelete