April 1, 2014

Commonly Used Sayings

At this juncture in our lives, these seem to me the most commonly used sentences/questions/statements I find myself saying over and over again:

Stop scratching, Roscoe

Finn, do you need to go potty?

Who's that cute bay-bee? 

Finley, sit down and finish your dinner.

How do you ask nicely? 

Go potty all by yourself and then we can . . . .

Roscoe, stop licking!

I can't understand you when you're whining. 

One more bite

Sleep well baby, I love you.



And Finn's:

I gonna do it all by myself

Want da Dadda to read George (video of Miles reading "Curious George")

Stop scratching, Roscoe

Mama, you gonna feed Mary? (asked every time Mary cries)

I want my milk (often said in a whiny tone. First thing in the morning.)

Hiiii, beau-de-ful Mary

I wanna watch a choo-choo train bideo

I wanna snuggle (stalling tactic at bedtime. Works every time)

Mom, do you wanna read dat book?

................................................................................................

7 comments:

  1. I love love love this. I can hear your voice and Finn's in this. I also adore the Roscoe one's because in our house it is "Charlie stop licking your paw," "Charlie no" and "Charlie, look! Crackers!" and "CHARLIE STOP LICKING YOUR PAW!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm already saying, "I can't understand you when you're whining. Please use your words." All. The. Time.

    I love that Finn calls Mary beau-de-ful. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Elliot asked me the same question whenever Benjamin cried as a newborn. Like he was hungry every time he cried. He knows better now.

    I love Finley. Just let that kid watch the bideo already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Made me smile...stalling tactic or not, you gotta soak up those snuggles while you can ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have really got to start using your phrase 'can you ask nicely?' instead of 'what?' I have totally confused my daughter. She will ask for more and I will say 'more what?' She kindly responds with please when in actuality I have no idea what the heck she wants more of. More what? Please :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, Arthur has asked me the feeding thing every time Abigail has cried. She's 14 months old and still nursing, so he still asks. Ha.

    Lots of by myself talk, and more whining than I care to admit here too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this. I especially love what a sucker you are for the night time snuggles. I would be too. Heck, it's probably a good thing we don't live close to each other. Finn would get away with murder on my watch!

    ReplyDelete