October 15, 2015

October 15, 2015

Yesterday I taught class for Stroller Strong Moms. I had spoken with my friend who is in charge of the Savannah Stroller Strong Moms and she was more than on board for a class specific to acknowledging Pregnancy and Infant Loss Awareness Month. So we asked the moms to wear pink or blue to class and had a balloon release afterwards for anyone interested. There were 26 moms at class and all 26 stayed after for the balloon release. They all sported pink or blue and while many of them are affected by pregnancy & infant loss, I know several who have had miscarriages, not all of them are personally affected. Yet time and time again this group of women uplift and support one another and I'm really lucky to be a part of this community.


. . . . . . . . . .

A few months ago a man reached out to Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope and asked for audio recordings to play on his radio show for a segment on infant loss that they are doing throughout October. I wrote him back and said I was interested in sharing Cale's story and he asked that I record part of my submission to Faces of Loss. So I did and it was aired a few days ago. The recording, if you want to listen to it can be found here (6th one down). It also can be found by going to "topics" and then "Faces of Loss." It felt a little awkward to read, I worried it didn't portray the emotion I feel, but I'm grateful for the opportunity to raise awareness and to share Cale in any capacity.

. . . . . . . . . .

Tonight my candle is flickering on the mantle next to the sketch of Cale. I find myself gazing up at it from time to time and truly am confronted by all the family and friends who have lit a candle with me not just for Cale, but for all the babies who are so desperately loved and missed. My friend Allyson, who took our family pictures back in June, posted a picture and said one of the candles she lit was for Cale and another was for her big brother who waits in Heaven. Allyson has a brother who was stillborn and I teared up seeing her picture and knowing how much that gesture undoubtedly meant to her mom. I can only hope that Cale's siblings show the same love for him that she showed for her brother whom she never even got to know. It gives me hope that even after I'm gone, Cale will be remember and loved and missed as he deserves to be.



. . . . . . . . . .

I hope that today has been gentle to all of you with an ache that is a little stronger today. Missing and remembering your babies with you.

................................................................................................

4 comments:

  1. I loved your recording. It breaks my heart that we have this story. I love you and your babies! Cale is gorgeous, I'm glad to see his face again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. Tears streaming down my face as I listen to your reading. you are amazing.
    <3 Loving Cale <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got to listen to the recording...so heartwrenching/incredible. I'm so thankful that Cale gets to keep touching lives and teaching people about life through you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Caroline, I'm behind on reading your blog and I am finally listen to this recording. I love that these stories are being told and you are so brave to share this. Listening to your story about Cale reminds me of so many things I wish I had done differently with Quinn - held her longer, looked at her more, allowed other people to see her (other than me and my husband), etc. Thinking of you and so grateful to know you...

    ReplyDelete