January 11, 2016

Microblog Monday: Finn's First Library Card


We went to the library today and I decided to let Finn get his own library card. He's not the greatest about remembering where he puts things or finding things (even when they are in the most obvious places!) so I'm hoping this helps teach him a little responsibility. If he loses the card it costs $2 to replace and I can almost guarantee that will happen and warned him he will need to take money out of his piggy bank if he loses his card. So while I would love for him to actually be responsible, at least there will be some lessons in fiscal responsibility as well if he isn't. He was excited to pick out all his books and on our drive there I told him he wouldn't need me to check out books for him he sweetly asked, "but will you still come with me?" 

Brother carefully looks through and selects which books he wants.
Sister pulls 10 books off the shelf and reminds me why our library trips have been sparse.

Checking out books all by himself.
(And I'm cringing now noticing he was standing on the others!)

Baller.
................................................................................................

6 comments:

  1. That last photo wins the internet today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Finn. All the books.

    P.S. My MIL is a retired librarian and I still single-handedly fund our library with late fines...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm playing catch up with your blog, but have stopped on this first post...I can't get over how old Finn is. He's so old he wears a baseball cap AND he has a library card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! Perhaps it's time for Maddie to get her own too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Finn! Love the shot of Mary - this is happening non-stop at our house. B "reads" each book in about 15 seconds and they ALL have to come off the shelf. I can only imagine what would happen at the library...

    ReplyDelete