January 5, 2011

Thank Heaven for Little Boys!

We are expecting another little boy!! The night before the appointment I said to Miles, "I really think we're having a boy." But honestly, if you asked me a month or two ago, I would have said I thought we were having a girl. But that night I really felt very confident that we would find out we were expecting a boy. and let's be honest, it's a 50/50 chance, so not really that impressive to have a hunch one way or the other.

I know finding out the gender can be hard for a lot of parents who have lost a baby. Having a girl would be hard as we were so ready for a boy. Before Cale was even born, I wanted another boy after him anyway, so I know it would have been a little harder for me emotionally to wrap my head around having a girl (even though I'm sure we would eventually grow to be really excited). But I know people can even have a hard time adjusting to the same gender as you never want others to view your current baby as a replacement. But I'm not worried about that. Instead I just love the idea that there's a baby boy in Heaven for us to love and a baby boy in my belly for us to love.


Miles is excited too. I think, well I know, he's excited that I have no excuse to go out and buy a bunch of girl stuff. We are all set for this little guy! And I think he's secretly patting himself on the back, like he's proud that he only makes men! (so far anyway).

 

5 comments:

  1. I just can't wait to get my hands on my Nephew in 5 months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! That's awesome! Can't wait to hear what name you pick out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy for the both of you, and I can't wait to meet him not to long from now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is great news. Look forward to another grandson this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. CAROLINE!!!!!!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!!!! That is amazing news!!!!

    ReplyDelete