April 28, 2013

Spoiled Pup

I had two suggestions on my 30 before 30 list to see the bats in Austin. I had no clue what that entailed, but looked it up and found that about a million bats live under a bridge in downtown Austin and take off each night in essentially one large line that goes on for about an hour. Two weeks ago Miles and I went on a kayaking tour along Lady Bird Lake to watch the bats. Roscoe got to come along too, because of course we bring our dog on date night - he's only the most spoiled pup there is! He was a bit apprehensive about getting in the kayak with Miles, but eventually relaxed and even fell asleep on the way back. It was about 2.5 miles there and back and I have new found respect for crew teams as my arms got a legit workout that day. Roscoe wasn't at all phased by the bats and managed to stay in the kayak the whole time without tipping him and Miles over. I could not get over how hilarious it was to see him on the water (the short video below makes me smile each time I watch it) and he definitely got a lot of compliments along the way.


video

In keeping up with spoiling him rotten, this past week Roscoe got to attend his first minor league baseball game. The city my brother and sister-in-law moved to hosts an annual Bark in the Park. Miles was in the field so unable to attend, but Finn had fun running around with his cousins, stealing Aunt Jenny's funnel cake, and playing with all the other 'huppies' in attendance. Roscoe was just happy to be with his people - all he ever wants in life.


................................................................................................

7 comments:

  1. I would like to please uproot my family and move to Texas just to go kayaking with the bats with you, Miles & Roscoe. The babies can do their thing.

    What a FUN time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like so much fun!! We plan on getting a tandum kyack soon but that also has pedals so at times our arms can get a break!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun! Still jealous that you can do all of those fun things with Roscoe. Samson would sink that kayak in about two seconds.
    I did a triple take when you said "Miles was in the field" but I kept seeing him in the pictures. Dem boys are definitely brothers! And Aunt Jenny is looking fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Ella likes to kayak too, but our kayaks are not open bow, so she is literally in my lap. Makes paddling a little more difficult, but still doable. It is going to be real crowded when Bode gets to go too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I sure hope Hunter doesn't read this blog; he'd be so jealous.

    I love your Texas updates!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lurve Roscoe. And weren't the bats so cool?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Roscoe is so awesome! Great pics :)

    ReplyDelete