June 13, 2013

And Just Like That . . .

 . . .Finn has turned two. We will celebrate his birthday this weekend with a transportation themed party. Today was more or less a normal day with the exception of Finn's Nana (my mom) coming to town to be surprised by my brother and sister who were also in town (unbeknownst to her). My mom walked in the house and my sister was holding Finn, but she had her eyes on the birthday boy, saying hi to him, before realizing who was holding him. A few minutes later, after recovering from the shock of seeing my sister, she was surprised by my brother - her reaction was pretty priceless, and I'm so glad Finn has some more family members in town for his big day.

I've been wanting to write a blog all day about how awesome it is to reach this milestone, yet I just can't seem to come up with words adequate enough to convey the sentiment. I'll try again after his party. For now, here are pictures of Finley Daren from the past two years on this ever so special day.

June 13, 2011

June 13, 2012

June 13, 2013
................................................................................................

12 comments:

  1. He just keeps getting cuter!! Lil heart throb he is!
    So happy y'all will have family around for his day and celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh. I remember your post from his first birthday and the amazing pictures. Now he is two. Just like that is right. Such a handsome little man. So glad I got to meet him and love on him in person. Happy birthday Finn, you are the sweetest boy and happy day to you Caroline. Two years of Finn is such a gift. Thank you for sharing Cale's little brother with us. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe he's 2!!!!! I remember his first birthday post as well. Birthday number 2 came so fast!!!!

    Happy Birthday Finn! You are amazing and I'm so glad to know such a sweet kiddo <3 Mase sends birthday love too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember his first birthday post like it was yesterday!

    What a sweet, wonderful, loving, silly, cuddly, adorable 2 year old you have. I look forward to reading all about his birthday party. Happy birthday, sweet Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect baby boy <3
    I remember reading about his first birthday. It was one of the first posts I commented on after reading your story. I thought it was the most amazing thing to see a BLM celebrating her baby boy after such a terrible loss. And to see a BLM celebrating her LIFE! You were truly an example for me of what life could one day be like again.

    And I thought his fish themed party was pretty over the top, and I was blown away! I can't wait for this years birthday post!

    Happy 2nd birthday Finn!!
    Sending love and hugs <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. juli's boyfriend is so cute! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awesome:)
    We love you Mr. Finn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that birth day photo is amazing! Yay for two and Nana surprises. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is SUCH a little hunk!

    I can't believe how much he's grown. Such a loved rainbow. Happy Birthday, Finley Daren.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like yesterday...the minutes seemed like hours as I waited in anticipation to hear of his safe arrival. I love you sweet boy! Happy 2nd Birthday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. He is just so insanely cute. Happy birthday to him! Don't listen to the hype...two is not terrible -- you are going to love it! It just gets better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So hard to believe. Where does the time go? Happy birthday, sweet Finley. We love you so much!

    ReplyDelete