In no particular order:
1. Read more. I did great with this was a goal on my 30 before 30 list. Then read one book since then. So, one book in nearly a year. ONE. I'm totally embarrassed and ashamed of this fact. But I've already started one this year, The Language of Flowers, I got a library card at a new library close by, and am motivated to read at least a couple books a month.
2. Run a marathon. So my first, and only, marathon was in 2005. I said I would never do another, but in November when I ran the Savannah Rock n Roll half marathon, I accidentally signed up for the full in November 2015. But then I'm really never running another again. Truth be told, this was going to be a goal of mine anyway - to run a marathon after having kids and beat my first time. Which will be doable if I train.
3. Train for my races.
4. Get to sleep earlier.
5. Finish the kids' baby books.
6. Order Cale's birth certificate (CBRS). I tried doing this in 2010. But they sent me back the fetal death certificate which I already have. But Georgia does produce a "Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth" and I want one.
7. Spend less time on my phone.
8. Be intentional - Do what I say I'm going to do. One of my favorite qualities about Miles (and arguably an obnoxious one too) is that he always does what he says he's going to do. Like if he says he's going to workout over the weekend - he actually does it! If there's something, big or small that I plan on doing, I want to put my money where my mouth is and actually do it.
9. Speaking of money, partake in a Financial Fast like I did last year, thanks to the suggestion of my friend Brooke. I think I can be more financially savvy/frugal so I also plan to give up Target for Lent. There's some irony in there about giving up my sanctuary in order to get closer to God.
10. Be more timely. Which means I should stop blogging and go to bed (see #4) so that we can be on time to school in the morning.
11. Speaking of school - start a prerequisite for nursing school. Much more about this one later.
Anyone have any good ones that are unique resolutions you haven't had before? Twenty bucks says half of these make it on next year's list.