January 4, 2015

Things I'm Going to (try to) Do in 2015

In no particular order:

1. Read more. I did great with this was a goal on my 30 before 30 list. Then read one book since then. So, one book in nearly a year. ONE. I'm totally embarrassed and ashamed of this fact. But I've already started one this year, The Language of Flowers, I got a library card at a new library close by, and am motivated to read at least a couple books a month.

2. Run a marathon. So my first, and only, marathon was in 2005. I said I would never do another, but in November when I ran the Savannah Rock n Roll half marathon, I accidentally signed up for the full in November 2015. But then I'm really never running another again. Truth be told, this was going to be a goal of mine anyway - to run a marathon after having kids and beat my first time. Which will be doable if I train.

3. Train for my races.

4. Get to sleep earlier. 

5. Finish the kids' baby books.

6. Order Cale's birth certificate (CBRS). I tried doing this in 2010. But they sent me back the fetal death certificate which I already have. But Georgia does produce a "Certificate of Birth Resulting in Stillbirth" and I want one.

7. Spend less time on my phone.

8. Be intentional - Do what I say I'm going to do. One of my favorite qualities about Miles (and arguably an obnoxious one too) is that he always does what he says he's going to do. Like if he says he's going to workout over the weekend - he actually does it! If there's something, big or small that I plan on doing, I want to put my money where my mouth is and actually do it.

9. Speaking of money, partake in a Financial Fast like I did last year, thanks to the suggestion of my friend Brooke. I think I can be more financially savvy/frugal so I also plan to give up Target for Lent. There's some irony in there about giving up my sanctuary in order to get closer to God. 

10. Be more timely. Which means I should stop blogging and go to bed (see #4) so that we can be on time to school in the morning. 

11. Speaking of school - start a prerequisite for nursing school. Much more about this one later.

Anyone have any good ones that are unique resolutions you haven't had before? Twenty bucks says half of these make it on next year's list.

................................................................................................

8 comments:

  1. I have no resolutions. Surely I should.

    More importantly, it may take some time with littles at home, but you will be an incredible nurse someday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't go to bed early either. I don't know what it is. I'm aching for 9pm most days. And I know Theo will be up around 12-3am. So WHY I stay up past 11 every night is beyond me.

    I've got nothing. I had a list of "Things I want to get done before 2014 ends" that I created for myself in the summer...and pretty much nothing got done. Including my goal to START the process of getting my licence. And that licence would be TO DRIVE A CAR. Not to practice medicine or anything. Just to leagally get being a wheel. Lol. Didn't happen. C'mon 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you! You're so motivated and organized. I don't do resolutions, per se. I get really hung up on details, so I try not to attach goals to only the new year. That being said, I don't have any goals right now! I'm feeling like I'm hanging on by a thread as it is. Ugh. Again, good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no resolutions either, but I suppose spending time outside more and exercising more (lose those 3lbs to get me fully into my jeans?) and being more present with my family... damn instagram!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to set some goals. Feel like I waste a lot of time! Nursing classes...I like the sound of that! Been pondering for the last 3 years to get my bsn. Don't know if I'd ever use it but I'd have it. Thinking of doing it online. Miss working as a nurse! One day...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this- I need to make a list too. Love all your goals especially the read more, sleep earlier, and less time on the phone. And I love your nursing school goal- can't wait to see that come together :) Also now I see the financial fast thing! I guess I need to add- be a better blog reader to my goal list! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1 - I dont know that I've ever finished a book in a year that I've had a newborn. I did while pregnant, but I can't think of one I've read when any of them were under 1. For real. So good job and I hope this year you'll have a little more time to read!

    #2 - You are a crazy and inspiring freak of nature. Good luck!

    #6 - I feel like I remember seeing a petition going around awhile back for some state to do this, not sure if it was GA. I imagine how meaningful it might be to have another small piece of Cale acknowledging his life and birth, especially something official with his name in it.

    #9 - We have just been forced into a (year-long?) financial fast. I tried to convince myself to cut my Red Card in half...I couldn't do it.

    # All the others - ugh, me too.

    Happy 2105!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these caroline! I can especially relate to #8. My NY Resolution was to be better at scheduling my time (@ work & home) which would hopefully lead to me actually being on time for everything and follow through with all of my commitments (especially the ones I make for myself - such as working out or reading!).

    I have a feeling you won't have any trouble crossing each of your items of your list this year! : )

    ReplyDelete