April 16, 2015

An Impromptu Non-Birthday Celebration

Mary turned 16 months old today.



It also happens to be the 16th, and the only reason I know that is because yesterday was tax day. Otherwise I was likely to forget the date, but when I realized the coincidence I decided it would be fun to do something to mark this sudo-mini-golden-sweet-sixteen non-birthday.

So cake it was! Well, cupcakes to be honest, and thankfully that's because I had a mix that only made six cupcakes and seeing as though I'll be eating most of them it's best I not make a whole cake anyway.

The helper and the supervisor

Tonight is Miles' last night of a crappy schedule that keeps him away at nights and fortunately Finn has been leaps and bounds better than last week, so it was kinda nice for all of us to do something fun. I was planning to make salmon and zucchini, but opted for pizza and a smoothie to accompany our cupcakes instead. It was the right decision.


I put Mary's gold crown headband on that she wore on her birthday (her real birthday) because it's a shame she doesn't get to wear it more often. However when Finn saw he asked if Mary was turning two tonight, so I explained we were just sort of pretending it was her birthday and that it's fun to have any excuse to make cupcakes.


He licked the frosting a few times then was done. Quitter.
Not a quitter.
...............................................................................................

8 comments:

  1. The last two pictures (and captions) are priceless. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am dying laughing about the quitter vs. not a quitter. Too funny! And what a sweet idea to have a random celebration. I love it and hope to do this someday with B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so freaking cute! Brilliant all around!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahahaha quitter/not a quitter! Same situation over here w boy/girl. Why can't the boys who have the high metabolism a anyway like the junk more than us girls?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh I love them. Any excuse is a good excuse!

    ReplyDelete