October 28, 2011

Two Years Ago {Yesterday}

On October 27, 2009 I found out I was pregnant with our first baby. I started to write this blog yesterday (while at work like any good government employee) but I wanted to include a picture. Well after I got home, we had the normal end of the day routine (change, clean up, wash bottles, ready bottles for the next day, nurse Finn, etc) and then we got ready to have some friends over for dinner and after they left I was so exhausted I never got around to finishing this post.

 I've recently started a new prescription, but one of the side effects is drowsiness. And boy was I feeling it yesterday. I slugged my way through work and after our dinner date, I was asleep within 20 minutes of our guests leaving. And not the ready-for-bed kind of sleep, but the I fell asleep on the couch in my jeans with my make up on, while Miles put the baby to bed kind. I didn't wake up until after midnight to actually get up and go to bed. Pathetic. And when I woke up I was mad that I didn't get this blog posted on the 27th. I felt guilty because I wrote about the year mark of finding out I was pregnant with Finn - I should have done the same for Cale. Silly maybe, but it's how my brain works.

But anyway, back to the point of this particular post . . .so yeah, two years ago yesterday, I took a pregnancy test not actually thinking I would be pregnant. But I was. And I was shocked. Excited, but shocked. I took the test after Miles had already left for work. Not totally convinced it was true, I decided that I'd take another when I returned and if that was positive, I would tell Miles. Well, wouldn't ya know it, that test was positive as well.

I allowed Roscoe to break the news to Miles when he got home.



While the end of the pregnancy was horribly tragic, I loved my time with Cale, right from the very start with that happy memory that I hope to replay and enjoy every October 27th (give or take a day).

Also, I really appreciate all the kind comments on my last blog. My dad had his surgery yesterday and it went well. He's still in the hospital until tomorrow at least, but my mom said the Doctor told her that everything went just fine and that there were no surprises. Thanks for the support and prayers. Please keep them coming while he faces a pretty rough next few weeks.

11 comments:

  1. I will never forget the day you told us you were pregnant with Cale! We were all standing around Deb's kitchen counter and I was so excited and surprised I was speechless!! What a wonderful memory of Cale I will always have! : ) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are creative. I'm more of a dip-the-pee-stick-in-front-of-the-husband kind of girl. Basically, I'm lazy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post. So sweet. What a wonderful memory. <3 Cale <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your Dad is ok. i’m sure Cale forgives you for posting a day late, missy. ;o) Still love hearing the story of how you told Miles- you set quite the standard :o) Love you

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute way to announce such a special moment. PS Don't beat yourself up over a day :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how you announced your pregnancy with Cale to Miles. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is super cute! You are so creative. And I'm glad your dad is doing ok with his surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How creative!I fell asleep last night kind of like you. I left everything on downstairs and fell asleep with my son on his bed. Ugh...
    How is your dad feeling? On November 6th last year I found out I was pregnant with Camille. Sigh...I wish we had our babies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an amazingly special day...when you got to start celebrating such an awesome life. And you really do come up with the cutest and most creative ways of announcing your pregnancies! All I did was the 'you tell me what it says, I'm too nervous to look!'
    Continued prayers for your dad...

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet! Love the way you used the bib with the doggie to tell your hubby!

    Praying for your family......

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you came up with this yourself? How uniquely creative! Don't feel bad about being a little late. At least you still wrote the post. Had it been me, I just woulda been mad and not even bothered. :/ You're a terrific mom!

    ReplyDelete