January 24, 2014

Highs and Lows of the Week

Low:
As we were headed to the grocery store on Monday Finn kicked off his shoes. It's a new thing he's doing and it's driving me nuts. He started whining that the shoes he just took off weren't on his feet. I told him he'd have to wait until we got to the grocery store to which he replied, "wanna see the front end loader!" Our grocery store has been extending the parking lot so there have been a lot of construction vehicles. It was great while it lasted, but unfortunately that came to an abrupt halt on Monday when we got there and there weren't any construction vehicles (as they finished paving the lot). Already upset about the shoes (that he took off!), this only further soured Finn's mood. While we were shopping he continued to kick his shoes off. I told him if he did it one more time, they would stay off. Needless to say he wasn't thrilled when he discovered I wasn't kidding:


He cried the entire way home and got so spun up it took him awhile to settle down when we did get home. Ya know, when I needed to put groceries away and feed Mary who was awake and hungry by this point. I think this was his biggest temper tantrum to date.

High:
After his epic meltdown, Finn took a three hour nap and afterward we went outside to enjoy the 70 degree weather. He was sweet and playful and most importantly, I no longer wanted to strangle him:


Low:
On Wednesday I had to go under general anesthesia to get a tooth implant put in. If only the Army would have taken care of this tooth way back when, it would have never gotten to the point of needing an implant. It would have also saved us $1091. Ugh.

High:
When I came home after getting the implant put in, the florist showed up with a delivery. The oral surgeon's office had sent this nice plant with the note "We appreciate the opportunity to care for you" - talk about impressive! Miles said it is the most expensive plant we've ever owned. Valid point.


High:
Totally unprompted, I caught Finn reading to Mary. I was making dinner and heard him chattering, so went to see what he was doing and saw that he was reading to his sister! I hurried back and grabbed my phone so I could record it. He even had the book propped up for her to see:

 

Low:
It was 27 degrees when we ran out to run an couple errands earlier today. I don't think it got above 40 degrees which I know would be considered warm for some of you right about now, but not those of us living in Texas! It even snowed! In Texas! Clearly Finn doesn't even know what to think of it:


The annoying part is that it is supposed to be back up in the 70's this weekend, but the back down to the 40's next week. Make up your mind, Texas!

High:
This post bath fuzzy hair:

High/Low:
I don't know if this is a low or a high. On one hand, I appreciate that my kid doesn't really have a sweet tooth. But this is so very typical for him. I'll offer him an occasional cookie or brownie or something DELICIOUS and he wants nothing to do with it. Live a little, kid! You could use the extra calories Mr. I-wear-18-month-pants.


High:
This.
 
 ................................................................................................

11 comments:

  1. More than once G has managed to get COMPLETELY naked whilst in her 5 point harness of a car seat, and then spent the rest of the way home bitching about how the crumbs in her seat were poking her in the rump.

    Kids. Good thing yours are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That last picture is so darling it makes my throat feel choked up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that Finn. What a rascal!!
    He's adorable though. Good thing...ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A peace lily. How appropriate that they are trying to make peace with you for such a high bill. Hahah.

    Your kids are so freaking sweet. I told Elliot I would like to be living in Texas about now... too cold here for my liking. I have not left the house in 6 days (thanks to sick kid + baby not being near each other, but still!).

    Totally convenient that Finn's greatest tantrum to date is when you are alone with two kids. Fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a whole lot of ups and some super shitty lows.

    Love those babies of yours. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been there with the grocery store tantrum. Addalee lost her ever-loving mind at the grocery store, she kept pushing, kicking, and hitting Abigail. It was not awesome. And I was so mad at her! Kids!!

    I'm convinced that most doctors and dentistsa charge WAYYY too much! That bill is painful. Probably as painful as the ewprk they had to do.

    That last picture...no words for the sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This weather in Texas is ridiculous! I am at work today wrapped in my coat and scarf because facilities can't figure out what to do with the thermostat in the building since the weather is changing daily- smh.

    Poor mama with the worst tantrum to date :( Can't believe Target let you down like that!

    Finn and Mary are adorable in all the pics- that last one is so sweet. And you look amazing as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhh I love her post bath hair. That is a definite high!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alternately agree/love all of these :) We just got back from a grocery store tantrum ourselves (with the 4yo, while the 2yo was perfectly behaved. Sigh). I'm glad God designed it so that all of the highs outweigh the lows eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Temper tantrums: not cute. Been there. But the reading and the kisses? Too cute for words.

    BTW, I would be so thrilled for 40 degree weather right now. Please cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Finn reading to Mary was absolutely precious. What a big, sweet heart he must have (and a great momma)!

    ReplyDelete