August 5, 2013

Baby Fever

I have baby fever.

Last week I was going through old pictures and videos. I watched Finn as a newborn and a young infant. Amazed at how much he's changed and how precious it was to have that time with him. I did this on several different days and though I won't say I wasted nap time, I definitely hadn't planned on using it as a chance to walk down memory lane.

And then yesterday a good friend had a baby girl. Seeing what are some of the very first pictures of her - it just gave me the good kind of goosebumps. Babies are so special. When they make it here safely - ugh, it's just amazing.

And I'm realizing that I have a bad case of baby fever.

I will always want what I didn't have with Cale. To hear the soft noises and whimpers, to nurse a sleeping baby, to take those deep breaths and wonder how could they possibly smell so damn good. And I want what I was so very lucky to have with Finn - all of that plus an extra two years of watching him change from that sweet whimpering newborn to a fun and chatty little boy.

I had zero interest in getting pregnant before Finn turned one and when I did find out I was pregnant last fall, Finn was only 15 months and still so very much a baby himself.  Even at two years, he's still my baby. So while I was excited back then - it wasn't so much a result of this built up baby fever, but rather for the possibility of what that could have meant for our family.

But now - now, I have the fever. I daydream about snuggling a newborn and getting to experience the joys, and trials, of parenting all over again.

The truth is my baby fever is only getting stronger.

As is my love for the baby I carry now, who hopefully will be my cure.
................................................................................................

21 comments:

  1. <3 <3 <3 <3

    You know I love you and all those baby Hidalgos. Hoping and wishing with you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and all your babies make me smile! :) Sending lots of love and hope xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to sneak it in there ;) So happy for you and sending love and prayers to all your lil babies.

    Seeing those pics yesterday did me in, too. I don't think my fever for sweet squishy newborns could ever disappear completely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats!!!! You can hold my Baby Palmer anytime to give you good 'baby vibes' ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Palmer is sure a cutie, so I'd love to hold him, but I think the good baby vibes I need will come in the form of continued good health, prayer, well wishes, modern medicine, and a shit ton of luck :)

      Delete
  5. Oh me oh my, love to hear this! LOVE!
    Sending you huge hugs, and I'm already showering that little baby with kisses from afar.

    I'm happy to hear that you had no desire to become pregnant again in the first year after having Finn...and that the baby fever eventually does come back around and hit you again!

    Sending my love to your growing family <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously - ZERO DESIRE. And then not long after he turned one it just no longer seemed like a horrible thing. Not that having a baby is horrible, obviously, but the daunting thought of getting pregnant, staying pregnant, and dealing with all the pregnancy-after-loss stuff. It's no cake walk, as you know, but one day I suspect the fever may hit ya.

      Delete
  6. Yeah for baby Hidalgo! Thanks for sharing the news!
    Feel free to post more about this baby so I can closely follow.

    Sending extra love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cheers to your baby fever cure! I'm beyond thrilled to meet my newest nephew or niece in a few months! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. So so so thrilled for you. I was hoping that you were expecting as I was reading this. Sending lots of joy, hope and good thoughts your way!

    The Tennill Family

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim - hope all is well with your family. xo

      Delete
  9. So happy for you and the baby I hope will be your cure. S/he is lucky to be joining the Hidalgo family. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh!!! This is amazing news (not sure if I've just missed it before, or I'm out of the loop, or if it's newly out there), but I'm so happy for you! Congratulations!

    Lots of prayers and well wishes coming your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So thrilled for you guys. :)

    Cale and Finn are so dang cute. Have to imagine the three-peat will be, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy for you guys! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet sister, I love the how you ninja styled this wonderful news in at the end. Perfect way to make this announcement:) I'm so excited to be an aunt to 3! Love you, love that baby makin' belly:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. So happy to read this news and wishing for as easy and peaceful a pregnancy as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW! I had to look at the comments just to make sure I understood correctly! SO happy for you!!! I have the fever too... but no big news like yours yet :) Praying for everything to go smoothly :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats!

    I had to read your post a couple of times to make sure I read what I thought I did. Excited and hopeful for you!

    ReplyDelete